View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snow Sheltie/Kato Szafarchez
Captain
Officer

re: Future of the Corporation

The corporation as it stands is on shaky ground. A solid direction for the corporation is needed and long-term goals must be established in order to get this group off its feet an into a legitimate branch of Phoenix Battalion.

Currently the corporation resides in a nul-sec alliance. The corporation has no set goal or direction.

Here are options available to us for direction:

1. Manufacturing and industry - A focus on mining operations and producing goods for sale or consumption by PHX.

2. PvE - Includes mission running and incursions.

3. PvP low sec - Focus on pvp combat in faction warfare zones.

4. PvP nul-sec - Alliance-based or suicidal expeditions into unknown/neut space.

5. Wormhole space - Not happening.

We need to decide our goals in order to create a recruitment message to acquire new members and to increase our influence in EVE space.

Last edited by Snow Sheltie/Kato Szafarchez on 2017/02/21 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captain
Officer

Proposal: Rank Systems

Very much a work in progress, and for reference placing the proposed name next to a planetside equivalent. Privileges yet to be determined. I stands for Industry, S stands for security.

Founder: Overall leader of the corporation

CEO: XO/Second-in-command

Board Member (I)/Captain (S): Senior officer rank (Cpt.)

Supervisor (I)/Security Supervisor (S): Junior officer rank (Lt.)

Mining Foreman or Plant manager (I)/Security Police Officer (S): Sergeant (Sgt.)

Miner or Manufacturer (I)/Security Officer (S): Corporal (Cpl)

Recruit (I/S) : Private

Captain
Officer

After some discussion here is what we're looking at:

A focus towards industry and mining

Creation of mining fleets and work on manufacturing, increase ability to produce goods.

Heavy recruiting of new members, keep lower-leveled ones in high-sec, more experienced can head into nul-sec.

Dark_Jackal
Recruit
Officer

I can put in a few blurbs from my Eve Experience some years back.

Security is huge and is largely ensuring the "need to know" information is literally kept to a minimum in addition to ensuring not everyone has keys for everything. The game boils down to a large PVP-Sandbox game. I know that may sound strange from what it's advertised but I've survived as a combat/industrialist/miner through two Hulkageddons avoiding getting ganked on numerous occasions. Also, we tried a few larger-ish mining ops but usually never lasted long as it drew a good amount of attention from pirates, gankers, and griefers. Mining "Ops" largely were "planned' on the fly and normally didn't include anyone else that came late. I liken it to Server Smash where you have an idea on what to do but don't know until you are there together and move-out when the match starts. It's not meant to be unfriendly, just trying to limit how large of a foot-print shows up on the maps and the amount of player traffic that will be noticed.

I've been through a few sit-in wars in high-sec which lasted for quite a while and impacts any large mining operation you can do if you don't have the numbers on at the right time. The one time I did go out there fighting just to see what I can do I lost a Myrmidon to a pack of Tech 2 frigates (within 2 minutes of un-docking with no enemies in the system and moving to a saved bookmark in the middle of nowhere), but kept my cool and got the pod back to port. Of course, there are folks that utilize a large amount of alts, probably one of the largest in any game I've come across, and not just for dual-boxing purposes (like mission runner + salvager in one computer). So you will notice it more so in war situ where names seem to pop-up that follow you around or sit in scout ships scanning all the player traffic. Also, a lot of players get bored and will troll "carebears", i.e. industrial/mining characters, and want to see the tears flow. It's a good idea to spec the newbies to at least to be able to field a frigate force to ward off smaller PVP factions during wartime.

The only place in the game where you can essentially gate-control without needing a large Null-sec alliance is wormhole space. This was designed for factions not willing to go into the political football PVP arena of Null Sec but large enough to maintain tight control in smaller sized "sand-box" as wormholes have a through-put limit before collapsing and re-spawning later.  It takes a lot more planning, trust, and luck but the rewards are the safest and secure as all you need to secure in wormhole space is ensuring locking down where the wormholes spawn, where they spawn to (outside of the one you found), and what their through-put rates are. Wormholes can also spawn into other wormhole space so ideally you want to ensure you map out the risks with that. This takes a lot of figuring out but really great if you can secure one and drop a POS (player owned station). It's exactly like null-sec so you can build whatever if you can ferry the mats over and build-it in system, just out on the boondocks.

I hoped some of this helps!

Aegis Aurora
Private
Soldier

Dark_Jackal wrote:

The only place in the game where you can essentially gate-control without needing a large Null-sec alliance is wormhole space. This was designed for factions not willing to go into the political football PVP arena of Null Sec but large enough to maintain tight control in smaller sized "sand-box" as wormholes have a through-put limit before collapsing and re-spawning later.  It takes a lot more planning, trust, and luck but the rewards are the safest and secure as all you need to secure in wormhole space is ensuring locking down where the wormholes spawn, where they spawn to (outside of the one you found), and what their through-put rates are. Wormholes can also spawn into other wormhole space so ideally you want to ensure you map out the risks with that. This takes a lot of figuring out but really great if you can secure one and drop a POS (player owned station). It's exactly like null-sec so you can build whatever if you can ferry the mats over and build-it in system, just out on the boondocks.

I hoped some of this helps!

I realize I'm not in PHX anymore but I'd like to weigh in on this as I've really gotten into Eve recently. I have heard a lot of concerns recently about how Hell's Pirates stole some PHX members and how they are inadequate for corp needs. I've also talked to a lot of other Eve players, Titan Pilots and Corp Leaders, and they all agree that if you don't want the hassle of dealing with an alliance, providing ISK and ships for their fleets, and everything else they require, if you have under 50 active members, a wormhole is best. You need to be making ISK in the tens of billions per month to make a nullsec corp worth it with all the benefits it does provide. Additionally wormhole space does provide a unique and exciting experience. In fact, I would be willing to buy a wormhole for you guys. The small gang PVP is amazing, as well as PI and Gas Mining. The downsides are the inability to mine efficiently with rorquals and the like, but PHX hasn't reached that stage in eve yet.

Additionally, to address the industry aspect that PHX desires... You can't just build ships that you like and make a profit. Unless you have a 10/20 Blueprint for a popular ship, its almost never worth it, and even with 10/20 blueprints it may not be worth it. The idea that the ore you mine is free is not true. You are wasting time for that ore. Time that you could be spending running incursions, market trading, or ratting. All of these activities can provide 10x the ISK of mining, and you can buy or build 10x more ships. Self-sufficiency is not the best use of your time and ISK until you obtain mass rorquals or are in a huge nullsec alliance with hundreds or thousands of people. Why build a ship for the fun of it when you can buy one for cheaper. You better be mining in an Exhumer/Orca/Rorqual to even make it slightly worth it. I currently multibox a couple Exhumers and an Orca in highsec while ratting and running incursions. It seems like people are trying to focus on the activities that seem fun to them even if they don't have the ISK or knowledge for them. In Eve, you're supposed to spend 99% of the time grinding and it makes the 1% of time doing things you enjoy even sweeter. 

Lastly, the idea that everyone is ahead of you and you can never catch up is wrong. After two months of subscribing, I am now 100% self sufficient and Plex five accounts. I can afford caps and would get them if I had the skills for them. I've probably even played less than all of you guys. You just have to put some time and effort in and you will find its a great game. There are so many things you can do in Eve. Find something that you enjoy and is profitable. 

FacistFreedomFighter
Lieutenant
Officer

Looks good on the ranks, Except I'd change recruit to Intern and Omaha if your really doing that kind of business you should be in the PHX corporation because the Corporation survives and pays bills based on member success.

Its inevitable that we will get AWOXed eventually by a senior member eventually if we give out Director Privs. So its unlikely that will happen except to CEO and Captains.

I've given the idea of recruiting some thought and running public mining op fleets would be best and naturally get API's from all new members, its not like Planetside where we can invite billions of members on a Whim and everyone joins up. 

Gretalian
Recruit

Guys FYI this post is public and anyone, even those not logged into PHX can view it. 

Dark_Jackal
Recruit
Officer

FacistFreedomFighter wrote:

running public mining op fleets would be best

I wish you luck with that. I doubt the playerbase has changed much with legions of bored self proclaimed "pvp players" (they're greifers) looking for anything to stimulate them. This includes watching someone smart bomb DJ Erkenfresh live during Eve Radio as I came late to that party and narrowly missed getting toasted by it. Concordokken came after but not fun to be in the middle of that.

Oh, before I forget to mention, the excuse that was flying to make life miserable was that it was to stop "bot miners" that routinely camp a system and mine a belt. I apparently attracted undue attention, from some randos wanting to open chats with me that I refused, that resulted in an Admin removing my GSCs. I only found out as they weren't there a few days later even though you can anchor these cans and secure lock them. After some days with a support ticket I got my GSCs back with an apology and no reason why the admin took action. Needless to say I lost my spot and another poacher filled it with their own GSCs. Also, the same trash players targeted my miner and left repeatedly. I got suspicious of a lot of destroyers appearing in system doing seemingly nothing but flying to all the belts so I left. This is the Eve experience lol.

Also, High-sec mining is probably the worst ROI for time but generally the best if you're doing other stuff while on the comp. What I did was have smallerish-camps between 20 jumps from one another with a big market in the middle. I would devote some time to mining, some to ferrying, some to mission/salvage running, some to manufacturing, and some to resource trading. Then, drop a place somewhere to sell this stuff in one go with a small premium or convenience attached to it. I skilled into mining and transport so I can do both to Tech 2 (Hulk + Ity 5) and sometimes had a friend or two for an Orca + Hulk buddy. Was pretty decent setup and was moving to skill up the PVP part (had my own stealth bomber :) ) but I found the actually small time pvp players to be non existent and just filled with griefers. I've reached the limits to what I can solo in the game and Eve's PVP heavily favors not having anything close to fun fights.

I only mention this last part because I see a lot of Eve nostalgia on PS2 reddit when Eve is more zerg-gank happy than PS2 by a long shot. Also, there are plenty of ways to keep folks busy ... the problem is having fun fights which is basically non existent because "sand box".

PS: Time-dialation was added to ensure Null-sec Zergs had a playable experience at 5 frames.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Battalion Forum Index -> EVE Online All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: